Clay Gun Extruder
Perfect for creating fine details and unique textures using polymer clay. Works well with Sculpey polymer clay, play dough and ceramic clay.
19 interchangeable discs with a handy storage box
Turn clay into hair strands, grass, ribbons and rope. Thousands of possibilities!
How to use the clay gun:
- Unscrew the end of the clay gun (nut)
- Choose one of the 19 discs and insert with the raised size up
- Firmly screw the end in place onto the barrel
- Pull out the plunger and insert a piece of rolled and conditioned clay into the barrel. For best results only fill the barrell 2/3 full so the pressure remains even.
- Using even pressure push the plunger down to extrude the clay through the disk opening giving the desired effect
- Use a sharp, thin blade to cut the clay from the extruder for best results
How to clean the clay gun:
- Bake the barrel in the oven at 120c (250F) for 15 minutes
- Allow to cool and then gently chip out any remaining clay residue
Soak the gun and disks in warm soapy water after each use to remove the clay
- An old toothbrush is perfect for cleaning the inside of the clay barrel
- Store your discs in the handy storage container in the blister pack
- mix various colours together to get swirled effects
- create combinations on thick and think strands to create the effect of hair
- create clover shapes, triangle shapes and round rope shapes making your polymer creation unique
- Fill half the barrel with one colour and fill the remainder with another colour to get a multicolored strand